Monday, November 21, 2011

I have the worst acne. I feel so ugly and am worried when i leave the house. help!?

I already go to a dermatologist, but nothing works. none of my friends have acne and all look beautiful, so i feel really ugly. I feel like a loner who is a monster.I have the worst acne. I feel so ugly and am worried when i leave the house. help!?
well u have to give it some time but i tried everything and finally found something that works, i exfoliate my face with Apricot Scrub Skin Renewel once at night, then i use the 3 step AcneFree System morning and night which you can find at drugstores or target and fredmeyer, to make sure my skin doesnt get dried out from this i use Garnier Nutriste SPF 28 Anti-Sun Damage lotion morning and night (you have to make sure ur mosturizer is oil free)





Other Ways to Help:


Drink LOTSSS of water its gr8 for the skin!


Wash pillow cases and sheets often


Avoid touching your face


Cod Liver Oil (sounds nasty but it helps) 1 tablespoon a day


and have paitience :)I have the worst acne. I feel so ugly and am worried when i leave the house. help!?
i know exactly how you feel. i've had acne since middle school and now i'm going to be a senior in high school. my acne was mild in middle school and went to moderate in high school. I went to my doctor and tried a bunch of different antibiotics and creams and nothing would clear up the acne. during my junior year, i started getting cystic and nodular acne that became severe. it was so bad that it hurt when water hit my face in the shower and i would wake up with blood and pus stains on my sheets from tossing and turning in my sleep. at school i could barely talk to anyone because i felt so disgusting. there were maybe like ten other people in my entire school who had acne, and it wasn't anywhere as bad as mine. thank god my derm prescribed me accutane earlier this year. my face is almost clear now. i would definitely recommend that you ask your dermatologist about this medication if you have severe acne. if your acne isn't severe enough to get it, hormonal treatments are often effective when other things don't work. you could talk to your derm about a medication called spironolactone or try a birth control pill that is proven to help with acne. hang in there, i hope you can find something that can get you clear.
This honestly sounds like my life story.


Honestly I hate all the crap the derms prescribe, because NOTHING WORKS! I know- I've gone to like 3 over the years. That might not sound like a lot, but it's because they gave me stuff, I tried it for months, and then came back and gave them 1 more shot. Rinse and repeat, basically.


Some stuff would work partially, but would basically bleach my face. I finally realized that I was torturing my face, so I basically stopped everything (well, weaned myself off of it slowly) besides using CeraVe, which doesn't have salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in it, and using that like once every other day. Think about it- your back, arms, et.c don't need all those special washes, even though they get the occasional pimple (even though you don't notice, they do!)- your body takes care of it. When you wash your face with the stuff that takes the oil off, your body (a very smart machine, really) thinks 'crap! no more oil to protect the face, must produce a lot to help it!' and then your face gets oily. However, the medications kinda eff up your skin and doesn't allow it to be absorbed the way it's supposed to do naturally. So anyway, I use CeraVe because it respects the natural 'skin barrier'. My skin looks SO much healthier, NEVER too oily, NEVER too dry. I still have a little acne, but only what's normal for my age group. Also, you can't really see it because I've lost that all-over pale look and gained healthy skin tone. Even if you don't want to take this advice, though, I really recommend going to www.acne.org - a website where many people post logs of their regimens and how they worked out. I partially based mine off of the caveman regimen- or, the idea of it, anyway. That website really helped me find my way.





Just one more thing to think about- you say your friends all have perfect skin- they don't constantly wash, right? Nope. And because of that, their skin takes care of itself. Try this: don't wash your face for a whole day. I know it will probably feel greasy(sometimes this takes 2 days), but when you wake up the next morning it's magic- all the oil will have been absorbed into your skin. When that happens, DO NOT go back to using that stuff you were before! Try something like CeraVe, which only cleans and moisturizes rather than tears down the natural skin barrier.





Also (I'm sorry I keep adding more, lol), have you noticed that when you're on anything with salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide in it your face gets sun burnt really easily? Yep, that's because your natural skin barrier isn't there to protect it. Whatever you do, I wish you luck, and again, DEFINITELY visit acne.org and look at the Personal Regimen section (I reccommend holistic)
There is this new popular cream that people have been talking about.





It was even televised on TV.





It prevents future and existing acne, diminishes scars, and lightens skin and





blemishes. Fast results too! (It has been claimed that major results can be seen within





a week and no later than two weeks)





Before and After photos are available at the given ebay site.





This person is providing 1-3 week trial samples (Only for ONE DOLLAR.. definitely a





deal) on ebay at:





Search up ';best acne solution ever'; on ebay. First 100 customers can get the item for





$1 for one week trial and up to 3 weeks. Or you can buy the whole container for $160





It's expensive, but the product DOES work





My sister and cousin who both have major acne have tried the product and they both give





it thumbs up. I have also heard many great feedbacks about this cream.





I don't have a problem with acne, but it seems to have great results on my sister who





has moderate to severe acne. Her acne swelling went away overnight.





I hope this helps. =)
I'm sorry to hear that you have such a bad skin problem. i have acne issues too. they use to be really bad when i was just out of high school. You have to remember right now it's summer so your skin is gonna be very oily.I break out way worse in the summer then in the winter.





When buy stuff for my skin i alway make sure i use more than one acne fighter.I use St. Ivys Apricot scrub bor acne, Oxy triple clean and stridex max pads. it really works. you should also use a clay mask. i like Fresh Umbrian clay mask. it's $45 but it is worth it. i also use a blackhead removing tool that gets rid of black heads and pimples before they come to the surface. For scars i use Mederma 3 times a day.





You might want to try getting a facial from a professional. they can be costly $60- $100, but it is worth it if it works for you. After the first 2 days your skin will look horrible but after that first 2 days with use of a good anti-acne trreatment you will lock like a million bucks.
I know exactly how you feel! I use to be in the same situation as you.


Here's my story: I have had horrible acne ever since 5th grade. I constantly had pimples on my forehead and when I went into 7th grade, pimples on my (face)cheeks started to appear! Of course, all my friends had nice clear skin, and since I never had a lot of boyfriends all the time like my friends did, I felt worthless and depressed. Near the end of 8th grade, my mom finally took me to the dermatologist. My face has now finally cleared up and it is pretty much flawless. If you stick to a face routine with the products that your derm. prescribed you, your face will definitely clear up.


I know it is hard right now to feel confident, but don't let some stupid little thing like acne bring you down. Pretend you don't have acne! Don't be afraid to stand out. If you laugh, smile, and be your self around others, they wont care about your acne. Even with acne, your friends are still your friends, so other people will accept you as well. Don't be jealous of other people, make them jealous of you! And if anyone makes fun of you because of your acne, you can just say ';do you think I care?'; or say ';later, hater'; and simply walk away.
i had really bad acne to i tried everything and anything that the doctor would give me i even tried going on birt control pills but nothing ever worked but then my hairdresser told me to try this stuff called mint julup im not sure if that is the excat spelling haha but close to it and all u do it rub it on ur bad spots and leave it on over night or atleast untill it drys and it cleard my face up right away. And as for the looking ugly part dont think that ur beautiful no matter what ppl say its not about what u look like its about who u really are


hope i helped u =]
Oh!


Well me and my brother use this product called Stridex!


Its comes in a little plastic jar! You can buy it almost anywhere!


Walmart, Target, CVS, etc...


It has little face pads on the inside which you use to wash your face!


You dont rinse it...


Then there is an unscrewable smaller lid on the cap which has gel in it


that you put on direct pimples!


It comes in different strengths for how bad your skin is!


It works great!


Clearasil didnt work at all.


Never tried Proactiv.


And as for anything else?


I have no clue!


But i hope this helped(:
Go to acne.org





There are messageboards there with people just like you that are struggling with acne. I have acne too and visiting that website always makes me feel better. It's full of understanding and supportive people who know just exactly you're going through.





http://www.acne.org/messageboard/forums.…





Good luck hon.
aw sweet-pea dont hate yourself because of your acne! what i suggest is to go to skinid.com because it works wonders! it works 234141234 times better than proactive. dont worr, the skinid what id does is customize your own acne kit for a CHEAP price. dont worry it will go away!








answer mine?





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=As9Q0QOldGtEyPBwhNd68s7sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090731193345AAoiQ23
Benzagel works for me but I don't have really horrible acne.


Good luck..
have u tried the neutregeauna acne system? worked for me. Or u should try apples. they also cleared up my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment