Monday, November 21, 2011

I thought birth control was supposed to make your acne subside. Mines getting worse?

I just started taking birth control a week and a half ago. I thought that when you start taking birth control your acne was supposed to go away. But my face has broken out more than it ever has in my entire life. And the pimples just keep coming. Is it just a beginning effect? Will this go away?I thought birth control was supposed to make your acne subside. Mines getting worse?
it really depends. Keep using it for a couple of months and if it still doesnt go away then you better change your brand.





When i started i noticed no changes. Then some times my face glows and not a spot in sight then some come back.





Its wierd. But like i said see what happens in a couple of months. Watch out for your weight too. If you start picking up weight change ASAP.





I take Yasmin.I thought birth control was supposed to make your acne subside. Mines getting worse?
I've had the same thing and it's soo annoying. I had perfect skin before i went on the pill and as son as i went on my first one i got about 20 spots... and now i've got scars!... as well as other side-effects like absolutely no discharge.





Anyway, just like the ill can make your skin beter, obviously it can go the other way. I think its because you need pill with more oestrogen in it. After trying out 4 or 5 pills, increasing in oestrogen i've ended up with the highest pill (for estrogen) called Diannete. Actually it's meant to be an acne treatment but has a side effect of birth control. The downside is that it has a slightly higher risk of blood clots and one or two other things, but it's made my skin back to normal, and it's amazing. I maybe only get one spot a month, and that's a tiny one. My doctor said the increase risk are really honestly nothing to worry about.





I would wait for a couple more weeks and if it doesn't subside, ask to change. My first doctor wouldn't let me and gave me acne cream (which was wrong because it was obviously because the hormones) and i had to wait for 3 months before i could change!! I couldn't take having 20 spots constantly so after 2 and a half months of hell i changed doctors. They let me choose whatever pill i want to try and if i'm ever unhappy she'll change me. My advise is to go to the doctors in a couple of weeks if it's not better and ask to change. If your not happy and they want you to stick to it for a while, ask for another doctor.... not changing soon enough has left me with scars.
  • oil companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment