Saturday, July 24, 2010

Has anyone used differin acne gel? I just started it a week ago and it seems to have made acne worse?

I have small white bumps on my forehead and chin, which although not red, are still really bothersome because my skin doesn't feel smooth and when the light hits my face I look like I have a lot of acne :( my dermatologist just prescribed differin and so far the acne looks worse, but is this what I should expect? Will it get worse and then a lot better? or is it not worth it. I am also taking an anti bacterial pillHas anyone used differin acne gel? I just started it a week ago and it seems to have made acne worse?
It is worth it and it is expected. All acne medications do the same thing. It seems odd and may seem like its not working, but it will. What it does is bring them (the blemishes) all to the surface, then once they are all to the surface, it starts to work and gets rid of them all at once, instead of getting rid of them a little at a time.Has anyone used differin acne gel? I just started it a week ago and it seems to have made acne worse?
As far as differin goes, yes what you are experiencing is normal, it'll get worse before it gets better. Differin can be bothersome to sensitive skin so be aware of that too. As for the anti bacterial pills, those work very well with any combination of topical meds just because they work internally to control/prevent the bacteria.





Bottom line, differin does work however your acne will get worse before it gets better so be patient and stay on the pills too.
I haven't used Differin, but I have used other acne gels that did the same thing. The more I washed my face, the worse it got. I thought if I kept using the product, eventually it woud get better, but it never did. Now I use Nuetrogena Body Clear Body Wash on my face and it works great.
I've never heard of differin. You should call your dermatologist and ask. It doesn't seem like the medicine should be making it worse. If you decide to quit using it, try tea tree oil. I use it every time I get a pimple, and by the next day the pimple is usually either gone or almost gone.
well it could be a herx reaction,that's when things get worse before they get better.bacteria fights back contact your dr. stay calm. if its herx things will get much better as time passes . but contact your doctor i have been on anti -bacterials for awhile i wouldn't go out in public at first because of the reaction but i stuck it out and glad i did.
right acne is a medical condition which cannot be taken away with any creams or powders. To make acne go away avoid dairy foods such as milks, cheese's, creams etc. hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment