Monday, July 26, 2010

I am 6 weeks pregnant and my acne is getting really bad since I can not use any of my acne medications now.?

My derm had me stop everything but Erythromycin topical gel about 2 months before conceiving. I am getting cystic acne. Does anyone know if I can use salicylic acid or sulfur based products while pregnant. My derm told me not to use benzoyl per oxide or retinols. She okyed glycolic acid though. I tried using the DDF glycolic cleaser and toner and that really dried me out. Also, is it ok to use hair bleaching cream to lighten the facial hair. I used to use Jolen, but I am afraid to use it now.


Thanks in advance for answering my long question.I am 6 weeks pregnant and my acne is getting really bad since I can not use any of my acne medications now.?
I've been using this stuff called Acne Free I got it at walmart. It is a bezoyl and I havent had any problemsI am 6 weeks pregnant and my acne is getting really bad since I can not use any of my acne medications now.?
try to use a topical solution and make sure you keep a healthy diet.
Facial bleaching, I would say no because it's the same as bleaching your hair, and youd not supposed to. As to acne treatment my OB recommended benzoyl peroxide products....so I used nutrigena acne scrub (orange bottle and it is about 5 dollars) and then the same thing in a face lotion (costs about 8). It works GREAT for me! I only get acne during pregnancy though. Have you talked to your OB about it? Maybe your derm. is being a little over protective and not really researching. Remember, they are experts in skin, not pregnancy. Good Luck though!
Don't use salicylic acid! I'm so glad you asked about this one before using it. It is a salicylate...these include aspirin and pepto bysmol and all of them are very bad for your baby. You might want to consider finding a clay based soap to use for your face. It will feel like you are really drying out your face, but the clay is drawing oil, dirt and general face gunk out our your pores. I use one during particularly broken out times...it works great! Good luck.
use clean and clear its pretty good my acne always get bad when i get preg
Salicylic acid is ok, but avoid really strong formulations. Try showering in the evening rather than in the morning. It makes a big difference in my skin.


Don't use hair bleaching creme.
talk to your obgyn. mine was fine with benzoyl peroxide, but told me salicylic acid was not okay. i had very bad acne during my pregnancy, nothing helped. try drinking lots of water that helped me at least a little. if it doesn't get better though, don't worry. pregnant women are gorgeous acne or no acne!

No comments:

Post a Comment