Monday, July 26, 2010

I found a lotion but i'm scared it will make my acne worse! Here it is:?

Ohk so the lotion i found is called Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream. It says it's for very dry skin! But does any one know if it will make my acne worse if i cleanse and use it after?I found a lotion but i'm scared it will make my acne worse! Here it is:?
if it is for very dry skin, don't use it. that means it has tons of oils in it, and that's probably the last thing you need right now!. usually people with acne have somewhat oily skin.. the best thing to do is to make sure you wash your face 2 times a day with a cleanser with salycitic acid or benzoyl peroxide (acne fighting ingredients), then follow up with a oil-free moisturizer with the same ingredients. do this every day and you will notice a change within a week. don't use any other products on your skin during this time.





you can buy these products pretty cheap at wal-mart.... neutrogena or biore are great brands...I found a lotion but i'm scared it will make my acne worse! Here it is:?
I WOULDN'T EVEN TAKE THAT CHANCE!!! MY SON SEES A DERMATOLOGIST FOR HIS ACNE. THEY RECOMMENDED NEUTROGENA HEALTHY DEFENSE DAILY MOISTURIZER WITH HELIOPLEX SPF 45. HE HAS BEEN USING IT FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS NOW AND REALLY LIKES IT, I'M SURE ITS ALSO CHEAPER THAN MARY KAY AND WILL HAVE BETTER RESULTS. IF YOU KNOW ANYBODY THAT WORKS FOR DERMATOLOGIST OFFICE YOU MAY ASK THEM FOR SOME SAMPLES. GOOD LUCK!!!
I get pimples once in a while and I NEVER put anything on my skin that i designed for dry skin because that means it has lots of oil in it, which means you will have lots of pimples. I only use DDF ultra lite oil free moisturizing dew


Works in the winter and in the summer but on the pricey side - $36
If its for dry skin, then using it with oily/sensitive skin will make it worse. If you do have sensitive skin, try using a gel rather than a cream. It'll work better. I use Aveda gel cleanser.
Mary Kay has a great set of products to help your acne. Trust me, I speak from experience. I use to break out all the time. Since I started using these products, I rarely see a breakout.





Start with the 3 in 1 cleanser. Follow with the Blemish Control Formula #3, then the Acne treatment gel.





I also use the day / night solution and moisturizer. It has worked wonders for me. I have found that it works for a number of my customers as well.
if you have oily or normal skin


it can make it worse,





since its for dry skin it will likely moisterize your skin.


Which is not good if you have oily skin, because what you need then is getting rid of oil not moisterizing. That moisterizing cream will likely aid in that alrdy oily face, which -%26gt; clogging of pores.
when looking for a moisturizer, look for the word ';noncomedogenic'; on the bottle. this means that the lotion will not clog your pores and therefore should not cause acne.
i suffer from acne and i know that any moisturizer that isnt oil free will probably make your skin worse. most thick moisturizers clog your pores also. i use Proactive Green Tea Moisturizer. You have to order it online. I love it! It a very thin gel-like moisturizer that dosn't clog pores. My skin is always dry from my acne treatments but ever since i have used this my skin has not peeled or been dry. Also you should try using the entire proactive 3 step system for your acne every morning and night.
The comment about being noncomedogenic is correct however I would not recomend this on acne prone skin


Extra emollient is for very dry skin It was used years ago one of MK first products most people do not use this on their face these days we have several other product that I would recommend first beside what you are telling me I would say do not use it. extra Emollient has a several ingredients also found in Vaseline so it feels a little greasy to most people it is also the first step used in Satan Hands treatment that locks in moisture.
If your using mary kay use the 3 pece kit instead for oily/combination skin. It clearly says the product is for dry skin not oily skin. if you use it, the cream will be more rich and make you get more oily and breakout more, by blocking your skins capillaries. Use the cleanser, toner for combo/oily, and oil control lotion I think its like 40-50 dollars a kit, im not sure anymore. I used to use it but now my skin is better and ive stopped and use regular stuff from department stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment