Friday, August 20, 2010

Bad skin, pimples/acne etc? Need help??

Been having skin problems for 2 years, on again off again. I have pimples, red scar/spot things left over from pimples that dont seem to go away, blackheads, and my skin has a pretty uneven skin tone. I went to the doctor about 2 years ago to get acne prescribtion creams because thats when I had a HUUUUGE breakout (I mean pimples EVERYWHERE on my face!), and that worked, but ended up drying my skin so I only use that at night now. I have a healthy diet and drink plenty of water but my skin is just horrible. What moisturizer, cleanser and foundation can I wear that will help improve my skin? Is Almay Clear Complexion good? I have oily, sensitive skin, that gets dry really easily with harsh products. Dont say ';clearisil' or ';clean and clear'; or anything like that because that just dries out my skin and does nothing. Any suggestions??? If I go to the dermo, wont they just prescript products with lots of benzoyl so itll just dry my skin out?Bad skin, pimples/acne etc? Need help??
Firstly the doctor needs to prescribe you antibiotics.. Ethromyacin (antibiotic) to be exact. You need a two week course! Also, get yourself some Evening Primrose Oil (1,000 mg) and start taking that daily! Take it in the morning with breakfast. You will notice your skin clearing up within a week or so. Also, stay away from foundations, as they only tend to clog up skin. I also recommend that you use a good moisturiser without fragrances and a one designed for combination skin. I use Nivea daily moisturiser and it works a treat! I hope this helps a bit. If you need anymore info then please e-mail me.





Edit: Oxy is great but it will dry out ones skin so you will definitely need a facial moisturiser for the morning. Use Oxy every evening after you wash your face. I recommend Nivea daily face wash and then apply the Oxy to your face. DO NOT wash it off. Let it soak in overnight and in the morning wash your face with coolish/warmish water. And then apply Nivea moisturiser.Bad skin, pimples/acne etc? Need help??
you should go back to your derm and get an antibiotic to try, whatever doesn't work you should go up in strength of medicine.


sometimes that doesn't work for everyone and you may need accutance.


of course, i found an antibiotic that works for me! but i'm allergic to sulfa, go figure, eh?


just try stuff but be careful and give it time, if you ever feel like complete crap and can barely walk or you have hives it's most likely your medicine and i suggest you stop taking it immediately.
Try noxzema(idk how to spell it) or OXY they work for me but i have acne problem cause i use acne meds on and off and i intake alot of sugar :( Like i drink Monster and Pepsi ALOT
go to doctor immediately
Well, main factors of acne are stress, not washing your face after you work out, and not drinking enough water.





Most people think that if you eat a lot of junk food, like chocolate, or if you wash you face too much, that it will cause acne. But these have been proven myths and have nothing to do with acne.





You might have ance becuase its hereditary, so ask your parents if they had it and for how long. Here are some remedies you can use to clear up your skin:





1. Pat honey over the effected area and leave on for 15-20 minutes





2. Put toothpaste or a small amount of deodorant on the acne and leave overnight.





3. Mix hydrogen peroxide with an equal amount of water and rub on face with a cloth or cotton ball. This will clean out your pores and is a great toner.





Make sure to drink a bottle of water everyday, get lots of exercise, and get sleep. Those last few hours before you wake up are most important to your body because thats when your body rejuvenates itself and your skin repairs itself.





If you want to buy an acne kit, then i would suggest Neutrogena Complete Ance Therapy System. This 3-step product cleared up my acne in five days!





Hope this helped! =)
Had it severely for 5 years and i was a living hell....yes the dermo's will reccomend benzoyl peroxide meds which in turn if applied to often or heavy will irritate skin and may cause your acne to get worse. Ive been acne free now(and i mean not a single bump on my body) for half a year due to a acne treatment called ACCUTANE. when i tell you this has changed my life, self-esteem, cinfidence....believe me- it was a life changer for me. be aware there are some adverse side affects for females but its the best acne treatment out on the market as of last year. It's also a little pricey so good medical insurance is recommended. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment