Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I am 22 weeks pregnant and have the worse acne. Can someone please tell me what I can do to get my skin clear?

again? I've tried benzoyl peroxide and sulfur. I don't want to go out in public it's getting so bad. Please help!I am 22 weeks pregnant and have the worse acne. Can someone please tell me what I can do to get my skin clear?
Ahhh, the hormones. Since your skin is super sensitive at this stage, I would stick to something more soothing, like salicytic acid (sp). Buy a line of products that are hypo-allergetic. Aveeno has a line of ';calming'; soap, moisturizer, etc. that worked great for me. Neutragena has a clear ointment with the sal. acid that reduces redness and clears pores.





A lot of what I thought was acne was a reaction to the treatments I was using. So go easy on your sensitve pregnant skin. Even products you used to use can be too harsh now. The dermatologist recommended the products I mentioned. Also, be sure to leave your blemishes alone because this acne is temporary, but scarring is permanent.





Good Luck.I am 22 weeks pregnant and have the worse acne. Can someone please tell me what I can do to get my skin clear?
Water, water, water! keep yourself very well hydrated. Most of the skin issues I had/have are caused or worsened by being mildly dehydrated. I have to wash a couple times a day, moisturize after every wash, and exfoliate like twice a week to keep my face from feeling like a toad's back. I like neutrogena's foaming face wash which contains a make up remover, and oil of olay regenerist moisturizer. I can't recall the name of the scrub I use at the moment, but it's one of those that feels like lotion filled with really fine sand. Some kind of microdermabrasion stuff, I think.
you should check with your obgyn before using anything medical on your face. even stuff you use on your face is asorbed into your body. my acne is a little better since the beggining of my pregnancy but it still sucks. i'm just dealing with it not using anything. sorry i don't have ideas. its really just hormones so i don't know if theres much to do
I got zits when I was pregnant too. I even got them on my legs. All I did for my face was to put egg whites on them and let it get really dried out. Than I would rinse and put on moisturizer (the one with the least chemical... like a cocoa cream or vitamin E lotion). It didn't make it go away, but it did help.
I'm 21 weeks and having acne problems also! LOL.





I bought this Clean%26amp;Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub, but surprisingly its working on more than just the blackheads.


I got it at Rite-Aid for like $5.
Make an appt. for a dermatologist. I had a rash that came with acne that could only be cleared up with meds. If not try a neutrogena bar.
no benzoyle peroxide or sulfur while pregnant! u cant use that.. the only thing u can use it gentle washes like cetaphil, and warm compresses, light moisturizers and oil free makeup might help.. hope it helps
i used proactive the with my first pregnancy and it worked great!
Good question im having the same trouble =[ 19w4d

No comments:

Post a Comment