Friday, August 20, 2010

I am nearing the end of month 4 on accutane and my back acne has only gotten worse. How come?

I have been on accutane for almost exactly 4 months and I am planning to continue for 5 to 6 months. I am becoming increasingly concerned with why my back is refusing to clear. Please inform me with any ideas, thoughts, or theory's. Thanks.I am nearing the end of month 4 on accutane and my back acne has only gotten worse. How come?
I don鈥檛 know how bad your acne is but Accutane is serious stuff.





This is a list of just some of the Common Physical Side Effects of Accutane; nosebleeds, swelling of the lips, severe itching, back, joint, and muscle pain, erectile dysfunction, inflammation of the intestines resulting in abdominal cramping and persistent diarrhea, low white blood cell count making the body vulnerable to bacterial and fungal infections, osteoporosis which leads to a loss in bone mass and increased skeletal fragility, hair loss, baldness, loss of eyebrows and eye lashes, hearing impairment, ringing in the ears, and a decrease in vision up to and including blindness.





These are some of the Life Threatening Reactions to Accutane; elevated liver enzymes (indicating liver damage), pseudotumor cerebri (swelling pressure in the brain), inflammation of the pancreas, heart attacks, strokes and seizures.





Accutane is also connected with to the following Mental Abnormalities; violent or aggressive behavior, depression, psychosis (seeing or hearing things that are not real), suicidal thoughts and attempted suicide.





Accutane contains the following warning for women as mandated by the Federal Government: Accutane must not be used by female patients who are or may become pregnant. There is an extremely high risk that severe birth defects will result if pregnancy occurs while taking Accutane in any amount, even for short periods of time. Potentially any fetus exposed during pregnancy can be affected. There are no accurate means of determining whether an exposed fetus has been affected.





Don鈥檛 take my word for it. Type Accutane side effects in Google and watch what comes up. It鈥檚 pretty d@mn scary.





For a safe alternative to pharmaceutical insanity check out this website.I am nearing the end of month 4 on accutane and my back acne has only gotten worse. How come?
That's very odd. It should be very well on its way to being cleared up. Ask your dermatologist, if they don't know why then ask another.
That drug is being pulled off the market. You should stop taking it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment