Monday, August 23, 2010

Is this going to make my acne worse?

sometimes, when i'm desperate, i just pop it, and then hold an oxy acne pad over it to clean it.


but is this going to make it worse?Is this going to make my acne worse?
it shouldn't make it worse, but it's sure not going to help. i'd suggest not popping them...but if you do pop them, clean the area with warm water (to open the pore), then use cotton swabs to pop it (because the oils from your hands will just clog other pores), then cleanse with cold water to close the pore and wash with a facial wash....avoid putting pressure on your face (leaning on your hand, wearing sweat bands, etc.) as that will cause more acne...most of all avoid popping as much as possible!Is this going to make my acne worse?
The queen helene mint julep mask really does work wonders.


My roommate has this product and lets me use it. It is by far the best face mask I have ever used, it noticibly improves acne within a day for me. Walmart carries it I think, but I havent been able to find it there yet.


The thing about popping zits, is that sometimes it pops and all of the nasty pus inside pops out no problem and the next day the zit is gone. more often than not, however, this is not the case. Squeezing can rupture the zit INSIDE your skin, causing more pimples and making the existing pimple much, much worse. It will become redder, larger, and will probably even hurt. Your best bet is to just leave them alone. The worst thing you can do for you acne is to TOUCH IT. your fingers are full of oil and dirt. Trust me, stop touching your face (besides to wash it/apply moisturizer, but make sure your wash your hands anytime before you touch your face) and you will notice your acne improving within one week. Worked for me :D





Anyway, popping your zits causes acne scars, which will take much, MUCH longer to go away than the zit itself if your just leave it alone. There are many products on the market that work effictively to get rid of acne. There are not so many products on the market that actually WORK to get rid of acne scars, beside expensive peels and laser resurfacing treatments. Trust me, I have looked :P
gross make sure it is white and dont pop it if it is red make sure there is some white and i use clean and clear it works for me
Popping your zits usually leads to acne scars so I wouldn't pop them in the first place. I use a variety of things but for spot treatments I really like Clinique stuff or even Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask [once a week] does wonders, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment