Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Why is my acne so bad?

Iv never had acne, iv only had one here one there, just a couple that i could live with, my parents never had acne, but now about 2 months ago, all of a sudden out of no where my jawline just broke out like crazy, its not a bunch of pimples its more like a flat redness under my skin that im assuming is the result of acne marks, i do have a couple raised pimples and their pretty big. i also have it on my arms and a little on my shoulder and back. I dont understand why i have it, i wash my face every day and am on pills and topical creams for it by my doctor. been on it for about 5 weeks now and its not going away, My faced isent covered in pimples, just my jawline and i want it to go away so bad, i dont wanna go on accutane, anyone have any helpful info? It also seems like once i get a pimple, it dosent go away it just sits there.Why is my acne so bad?
you could be leaning your head on you hands often. like youre bored/listening or something. i break out more when under stress, or near my period. there is also a possibility of a hormonal change. its really rough, but it does pass. try a acne body scrub, i think neutrogena has a good one, thats my best advice. also, your derm. can prescribe something stronger, but not acutane if you dont feel comfortable with it.





edit--- there isnt much evidence that eating certain foods affect your acne. hydrating, yes. a lot of the time there are just certain areas that get affected. i typically get the jawline a lot, but then i would have my chin as the next target area. call the derm to get something stronger because youre paying for it-it should be working for oyuWhy is my acne so bad?
I had the same problem and so did my brother, he used accutane and it got rid of the problem after like 2 months but I can understand why you don't want to take it. I did not have it as bad as my brother, so the dermatologist recommended I use RetinaMicro along with a Plexion Cleansing Cream. I used both at night and I saw big changes in about 2 weeks, after like a month and a half my face really cleared up.
it may be a food allergy, it sounds like you have hives which is a symptom of a dairy allergy. do you eat alot of cheese/drink alot of milk? etc





i recently found out that i have an allegry to dairy foods so i have been avoiding them for three weeks now. all is going well





get that checked with your doctor/gp


the very best of luck
You wash your face too? I thought it might be oil in your skin, but now... Maybe it's a rash or an allergic reaction. Try and remember what happened 5 weeks ago. Maybe some bug gave you a rash or a reaction. Try asking you doctor or parents if your allergic to something. Hope it helps.
its probably mostly scars because pimples dont last that long but scars do and they can look like pimples. try a scar removing cream, or something to fade them...proactiv makes a skin-lightening lotion that may reduce the appearance of the red marks. hope this helps, and good luck!
Are you sure it's acne? Could be that you're having an allergic reaction to something. Have you tried any new foods in the past two months? Maybe a new kind of skin care product? Scented lotion (that actually makes me break out in hives)?
it's normal, but you can go to your dermatologist and tell them this, and they can put you on prescription medicine, or give you a creme that will clear it up.
idk it happens man i had to go on accutane. and as you said you dont wanna go on it. soooooooo....trust me only use it as a last resort. i mean im not depressed or anything but it dries you out like crazy! argh!
It may be your diet lots of cultures eat vegtables to counter act the ails in the foot diet and exercise cand be determining factors with acne.
The best tip I ever got was to use lemons. You have both acne and blackheads. Open the pores with steam. Then dab lemon juice on the area.
try pro-activ, it worked for jessican simpson and puff daddy
Hmm...


Dont touch your face and ditch the pills maybe you are alergic to them


Or you are stressed about something...
who knows? use salycylic acid and see a dermatologist.
you are getting older, puberty
do you drink quiet alot of milk? or dairy? my brother got bad acne and it was caused by drinking to much milk...
just be patient or get over it and get accutane
If you went to the dermatologist and are on pills and topical creams, and you wash your face twice daily, there really isn't much you can do. Many dermatologists have said that there is no relationship between acne and diet. However, my sister has completely clear skin and the only time she has EVER broken out has been when she eats fast food. I really think it's different for every person. I change my diet and started eating healthier and noticed I got clear skin. I would recommend these things and I'm sure you'll see an improvement: 1) Drink plenty of water, at least 64 fluid ounces a day; 2) Eat your vegetables and fruits; 3) Stay away from fast food and junk food; 4) Exercise - it reduces stress hormones. I really do believe you'll notice a difference. Oh, and one more thing. Make sure you're not applying TOO much cream. That's a BIG BIG BIG problem. I use tretinoin and for the first month my acne got worse everyday and I went to the dermatologist and he said after about 2 weeks it should be getting better rather than worse, and so I told him how much I put on and he said putting on too much may cause you to break out. So make sure it's just a dab and nothing more. Good luck!
Cut out dairy products and see if it helps. As we age we tend to tolerate things we were able to eat and drink early on. I haven't been able to have dairy products since I was 10 years old and I'm now 51. My brothers and sisters are the same way, we break out on our chins if we eat cheese or ice cream and we didn't do that when we were small. I'd give it a try, if we have dairy, within three days we all get the most painful, red, nasty filled zits you've ever seen....just try and see if it happens, None of us have acne unless we do dairy.
I have had acne since I was about 13 (14 years now). It has always varied in severity. I have noticed that when I touch my face in a certian area a lot I get more there. You might be resting on your hands? It's really easy to do it and not even know it.


Topical creams never worked for me. I did go on accutane when I was 17 which helped a lot. It got me out of the severe acne stage. I have recently tried a Zeno. It really does work (for me anyway). The key to that is that you have to catch the pimple when it just starts. I have found that it either shortens the life of the pimple or makes it come to the surface faster.


It also could be stress. I break out very badly when I have a lot of stress in my life. And worrying about my acne just makes it worse.


Some acne clearing products can dry your skin and make it produce more oil making pimples worse. Just watch out for that.


I think really when it comes down to it there is no magical solution that works for everyone. I guess you just have to take care of your skin and eat a good diet. I have had a constant battle with acne for a while. I feel your pain. Good luck with your battle.
Try using Zineryt lotion. You can purchase it from your local drug store. It's pretty expensive for a small bottle but it REALLY works. Believe me, cos I've been using it like a week and face CLEARED! I haven't got one pimple now.





It says:





Zineryt may be used for the treatment of moderate to serious forms of acne (pimples), for which topical treatment without antibiotics has not provided satisfactory results or was not tolerated.
Hun, it's ok :]. Once hitting a certain time, it seems like pimples are popping out of nowhere.





Remember: DO.NOT.TOUCH.THE.PIMPLES.


They will not go away! When touching them, the oils on your skin makes it worse. Just leave it alone.





Acne is caused by dirt or residue clogging pores. Make sure you wash your face with daily face wash, which keeps dirt away from the pores.





For the acne on your back and shoulders, don't wear tight clothing. Especially in the summer, it can make your sweat, clogging pores, leading to bacne.





If it's still not there, contact a dermatologist to make sure nothing is wrong with your skin.





Don't worry, it'll go away. Patience!


GOOOOODDDDD LUCK! :]





oh, and try doing some research to see what type of acne it is, how to treat it, etc.





-K
OMG. I have the same problem, I have pimples on my shoulder and back and a little on my face. Getting pimples on the jawline is a very popular place to get pimples because of hormone-imbalance. It will go away as you get older and your hormones change. Whatever you do, DO NOTTT take ACUTANE. I beg you, it will really mess with you. I know someone who was on acutane and they became depressed and killed themselves. I also know someone who was taking acutane, 2 years later she got pregnant and her child was born with birth defects. If you are a woman, do not take it. Have a parent or a sibling wash you back with cleanser and put medicine on it day and night. Be persistent on your medication and don鈥檛 skip a day. The only way to really get rid of pimples is to do laser acne removal. It is very expensive and if you are under the age of 25, I do not recommend it. As much as you are tempted to, DO NOT pop your pimples. It will leave a mark and never go away unless you bleach your skin. When you go out in the sun wear sunscreen because the sun will irritate the pimple and leave a dark mark on your skin, and if you are putting creams on your skin for the acne, the skin is thinner and more sensitive. I use OBAGI sunscreen because it doesn鈥檛 clog pores and prevents pimples.





PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me for more info, I want to help. Let me know if you need anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment