Friday, August 20, 2010

Through out my pregnancy i have had horrible acne my mom said she hinks acne meds are bad for the baby.....?

i am 5 months alongThrough out my pregnancy i have had horrible acne my mom said she hinks acne meds are bad for the baby.....?
some acne meds (like isotretinoin - generic form of the accutane mentioned earlier) are bad for a baby. make sure you talk to you doctor/pharmacist before taking even otc meds.





congrats about the baby and good luck with the acne clearing upThrough out my pregnancy i have had horrible acne my mom said she hinks acne meds are bad for the baby.....?
I wouldn't take any oral acne meds without talking to your dr. I would think that topical otc acne creams should be safe, but ask the pharmacist to be safe! Something like tea tree oil should be fine, you can get tea tree oil face care at The Body Shop, and probably other places as well.


Good luck!
like actual medication such as pills I probably vvouldnt take or atleast talk to your dr about it but the skin medication like lotions and things that you put directly on your acne is not harmful for your baby.
talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking anything. acne meds, such as accutane, can be teratogenic.
Yes in fact I just read something that said saclyic acid (common in topical acne meds) is bad for a baby.
try tea tree oil. It works really well %26amp; is completely natural. You can find it at your local health food store or online.
moms know best, i would rather have a **** load of acne everywhere and have a healthy baby

No comments:

Post a Comment