Monday, August 23, 2010

Expiriences whilst using Accutane- acne treatment...good or bad...?

I've heard loads of stories about it- half of them say it's an evil drug with disastrous side-effects and half say it is amazing an works really well.


Has anyone had any expiriences- good or bad?


I am thinking about trying it but I'm not sure...





All answers will be very appreciated! :)Expiriences whilst using Accutane- acne treatment...good or bad...?
It worked wonders to get rid of my acne, but I had severe sensitivity to the sun for about 3 months after I stopped taking it (and all while I was on it). It literally felt like the sun was burning me, just from sitting in the sunshine. Also, I had a small spot of cancerous cells removed from my upper shoulder... It could be related, or it could be just bad genes, but I was only 25....Expiriences whilst using Accutane- acne treatment...good or bad...?
I used it and it was great. Just know there are different levels that you can possible take. I was lucky because my older bro had worse acne than I did so when I started to break out a little bit in high school I went immediately to the dermatologist as got start on a very low dose of accutane. I was on once a week at about 10MG's I believe. Another friend of mine was taking it twice a day at 50mg because his acne was that bad. So just keep in mind there are so many different levels that can be prescribed. The main thing is you can only clear up so much acne by washing your face. Most acne is caused under the skin and thats why medication is need in some form to really clear up acne. I never had issue with being outside. Just make sure to wear sunscreen if your outside a lot but you should be wearing sunscreen no matter what.
I tried many treatments from my dermatologist. Ammoxicillan seems to work for me. I took accutane for a while. I feel that it shouldn't be taken unless you have tried the many options out there. Accutane is a very strong drug. For example, it can cause birth defects. When I was on it I suffered from dried chapped lips, dry bloody nose, my knees would hurt, my skin was dry and itchy. And about a month in my treatment I started to feel a sharp painful stabbing pain in my right side, where my liver is. I didn't know what was wrong. I thought something was going to burst. I could feel my organ pulsating like it was severely irritated. I went to urgent care and they didn't know what was wrong. So I was then sent to emergency. They did an ultrasound and blood tests. I remember something being high in my blood due to the drug and the ultrasound showed an inflamed liver. It turns out accutane caused me to develop drug induced hepatitis. I was removed off the drug and am fine. Yesterday, I was diagnosed with kidney stones. They say the pain from kidney stones is worse than the pain a woman feels when giving birth. And it really did hurt, I'm unsure if accutane caused this though. But I think you really need to think this through. And when I was on accutane, my acne got worse. I developed cystic acne, which left scars and dents on my face. I don't think it was worth it. I still break out but not as bad as when I was on this drug. My face is pretty clear now with my antibiotics. And I'd also like to inform you that if you do take accutane, they draw blood from you regularly to check up on you.
I've reported Princi Q three times today in the Beauty section...anyone else reporting them? It's spam and they need to stop!





Now for your answer... I've heard of it, never tried it myself. I have a couple friends who have used it and said it was so-so but they're still looking for something better. Everyone's different though, ya never know it might work great for you!
yes


i did use it.. my dermotologist put me on Accutane for about 6 months


and believe me it work wonders!


i was really happy with the results


it not only stops further breakouts, but also reduces the redness





and the side-effect could be that it causes dryness on lips and on ur skin


but thats alright,that can be treated using a good mosturizer for example Cetaphil





good luck


i highly recommend these pills
I had bad, bad, bad kidney stones. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy so very painful!

No comments:

Post a Comment